Entertainment

FILE - In this Feb. 9, 2020 file photo, Tom Hanks, left, and Rita Wilson arrive at the Oscars at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. The couple have tested positive for the coronavirus, the actor said in a statement Wednesday, March 11. The 63-year-old actor said they will be "tested, observed and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires." (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP, File)
Associated Press
March 11, 2020 - 6:49 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Tom Hanks and his actress-singer wife Rita Wilson have tested positive for the coronavirus, the actor said in a statement Wednesday. Hanks said the couple were in Australia and felt tired, with colds, body aches and slight fevers. "To play things right, as is needed in the world...
Read More
This combination of photos show, from left, host Jimmy Fallon on the set of "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon," on Feb. 3, 2020, from left, host Trevor Noah on the set of "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah and host Stephen Colbert on the set of "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Jan. 30, 2020. The late night talk shows announced that they will tape their shows without studio audiences due to the new coronavirus. For most people, the new coronavirus causes only mild or moderate symptoms. For some it can cause more severe illness. (Andrew Lipovsky/NBC, from left, Sean Gallagher/Comedy Central, Scott Kowalchyk/CBS via AP)
Associated Press
March 11, 2020 - 5:51 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The ripple effect of the new coronavirus on the entertainment industry reached late-night television, a TV fan festival and far beyond to the series “Survivor” in Fiji. “The Tonight Show” and other late-night talk shows in New York announced Wednesday they will tape without...
Read More
Harvey Weinstein arrives at a Manhattan courthouse as jury deliberations continue in his rape trial, Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, in New York. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)
Associated Press
March 11, 2020 - 8:05 am
NEW YORK (AP) — Harvey Weinstein was sentenced Wednesday to 23 years in prison for rape and sexual assault, a sight the Hollywood mogul's multitude of accusers thought they would never see. Weinstein, who has been accused of violating scores of women, was convicted last month of raping a woman in a...
Read More
FILE - This May 26, 2019 file photo shows Carlos Santana of Santana performing at the BottleRock Napa Valley Music Festival in Napa, Calif. Santana announced Tuesday, March 10, 2020 that he has canceled the European tour dates of his Miraculous 2020 World Tour. Refunds will be available through point of purchase. He is the latest musician to cancel concerts because of public health concerns and performance restrictions due to the growing coronavirus outbreak. The vast majority of people recover from the new virus. According to the World Health Organization, people with mild illness recover in about two weeks, while those with more severe illness may take three to six weeks to recover. (Photo by Amy Harris/Invision/AP, File)
Associated Press
March 10, 2020 - 3:23 pm
Carlos Santana, Zac Brown Band and Pentatonix are the latest musicians to cancel concerts because of public health concerns and performance restrictions due to the growing coronavirus outbreak. The acts all made announcements Tuesday. Santana said he had canceled the European tour dates of his...
Read More
FILE - This Feb. 21, 2020 file photo shows talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw speaking during a ceremony awarding him with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles. The “Dr. Phil” daytime talk show will tape without a studio audience for roughly two weeks as a precaution against the new coronavirus. The show typically tapes with an audience of about 300 people at Paramount Studios in Los Angeles. For most people, the new coronavirus causes only mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia. The vast majority of people recover from the new virus. According to the World Health Organization, people with mild illness recover in about two weeks, while those with more severe illness may take three to six weeks to recover. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello, File)
Associated Press
March 10, 2020 - 12:46 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The “Dr. Phil” daytime talk show will tape without a studio audience for roughly two weeks as a precaution against the new coronavirus. The show typically tapes with an audience of about 300 people at Paramount Studios in Los Angeles. The show expects to resume audience tapings...
Read More
ADDS REASON FOR CHANGING THE FILM'S RELEASE DATE - This image released by Columbia Pictures shows Peter Rabbit, voiced by James Corden and Cottontail in a scene from "Peter Rabbit." Sony Pictures announced Tuesday, March 10, 2020 that it's moving the release date for “Peter Rabbit 2” to August 7 as Hollywood continues to shuffle its upcoming releases due to the coronavirus. It had been set to hit U.K. and European theaters on March 27, and open in the U.S. on April 3. (Columbia Pictures/Sony via AP)
Associated Press
March 10, 2020 - 8:28 am
NEW YORK (AP) — Hollywood continued to shuffle its upcoming releases due to the coronavirus, as Sony Pictures on Tuesday announced that it's moving “Peter Rabbit 2” to August. “Peter Rabbit 2” had been set to hit U.K. and European theaters on March 27, and open in the U.S. on April 3. Instead, Sony...
Read More
FILE - In this Oct. 1, 2018, file photo, moderator Alex Trebek speaks in Hershey, Pa. "Jeopardy!” and “Wheel of Fortune” will tape without studio audiences in response to the ongoing virus outbreak, a person close to the shows tells The Associated Press, Monday, March 9, 2020. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke, File)
Associated Press
March 09, 2020 - 10:31 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — "Jeopardy!” and “Wheel of Fortune” will tape without studio audiences in response to the ongoing virus outbreak. A person close to the shows tells The Associated Press Monday that the move is being taken out of an abundance of caution given the spread of the new coronavirus in...
Read More
FILE - In this Friday, Oct. 16, 2015 file photo, actor Max Von Sydow attends the Lumiere Award ceremony of the 7th Lumiere Festival in Lyon, central France. Max von Sydow, the self-described “shy boy”-turned-actor who played the priest in the horror classic “The Exorcist,” has died. He was 90, it was reported on Monday, March 9, 2020. He was known to art house audiences through his work with Swedish director Ingmar Bergman. But it was his role as the devil-evicting priest in William Friedkin's controversial 1973 film "The Exorcist" that brought him to international attention. (AP Photo/Laurent Cipriani, File)
Associated Press
March 09, 2020 - 4:43 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — Max von Sydow, the self-described “shy boy”-turned-actor known to art house audiences through his work with Swedish director Ingmar Bergman and later to moviegoers everywhere when he played the priest in the horror classic “The Exorcist,” has died. He was 90. His agent...
Read More
In this image released by Disney/Pixar, characters Laurel, voiced by Julia Louis-Dreyfus, from left, Ian, voiced by Tom Holland, and Barley, voiced by Chris Pratt, appear in a scene from "Onward." (Disney/Pixar via AP)
Associated Press
March 08, 2020 - 11:04 am
LOS ANGELES (AP) — North American audiences are not staying away from theaters amid virus concerns, according to the weekend’s box office numbers. Disney and Pixar’s “Onward” topped the charts as expected and the Ben Affleck basketball drama “The Way Back” also opened normally. “Onward” earned $40...
Read More
FILE - This March 12, 2016 file photo shows flyers advertising comedy on a light pole on Sixth Street during South By Southwest in Austin, Texas. Austin city officials have canceled the South by Southwest arts and technology festival. Mayor Steve Adler announced a local disaster as a precaution because of the threat of the novel coronavirus, effectively cancelling the annual event that had been scheduled for March 13-22. (Photo by Rich Fury/Invision/AP, File)
Associated Press
March 06, 2020 - 4:44 pm
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The organizers of South By Southwest — which draws hundreds of thousands of visitors and some of Hollywood and music's biggest stars — announced Friday they had cancelled the annual arts and technology festival, saying they're “devastated" but recognize it is necessary to...
Read More

Pages