MGM CEO Releases Video On Post COVID-19 Approach

Wynn Resorts CEO Outlined Their Plans Last Week

Mitch Kelly
April 22, 2020 - 7:16 am
Exterior photo of the MGM Grand Hotel/Casino June 30, 2005 in Las Vegas, Nevada

Ethan Miller/Getty Images

LAS VEGAS, NV (KXNT) - As tens of thousands of furloughed casino workers wait for Governor Steve Sisolak to loosen restrictions aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19, the new CEO of MGM Resorts International released a video talking about his company's plans for a post-COVID-19 workplace.

You can watch the video here.

“It’s not easy to face a catastrophic and unprecedented event like this. It’s especially hard because the history of this pandemic has yet to be written,” he said. “The uncertainty of our own health of those, of our loved ones, looms large. Now is the time to gather all of our strength, to follow the public health guidelines, even when they are challenging.”, said MGM Resrts CEO Bill Hornbuckle.

Hornbuckle's video, which was filmed at his home, didn't delve into specfics for how MGM would change going forward. 

Last week, Wynn Resorts CEO Matt Maddox released in a 23-page-statement that detailed changes that would be coming to his establishments. Those changes include thermal sensors take guests' temperatures, have their employees wear masks and redesign their casino floors to more easily accomplish meeting physical distancing guidelines determined by the CDC.