Governor Sisolak May Have Been Exposed To Coronavirus

Canceled Scheduled Tuesday News Conference Out Of Caution

Paul Ihander
May 26, 2020 - 6:41 pm
Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak speaks during a news conference on the state's response to the coronavirus outbreak at the Grant Sawyer State Office Building on March 17, 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada

Ethan Miller/Getty Images

LAS VEGAS, NV (KXNT) - Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak says he may have been exposed to the coronavirus on a visit to a local business last week. 

The Governor says his office learned of a worker at the business who tested positive for the coronavirus. He canceled a planned Tuesday news conference regarding Nevada's move to Phase 2 of its "Roadmap To Recovery" out of an abundance of caution. He had been scheduled to lay out the next phase on economic and societal reopening of the state.

Sisolak released the plan on social media instead.

The governor says he will get tested for coronavirus on Wednesday and provide an update as soon as he gets any further information.