Dozens Displaced In Central Valley Apartment Fire

Faulty Fireplace Thought To Be The Cause

Mitch Kelly
December 31, 2019 - 4:16 am

artisteer/Getty Images

Categories: 

LAS VEGAS, NV (KXNT) - Roughly 30 people are being assisted by the American Red Cross after a two alarm fire raced through their apartment complex Monday afternoon.

Firefighters responded just before 4pm to the Gloria Park Villas near Decatur and Spring Mountain after smoke was reported coming from the eaves of a 2nd floor unit.

It's thought that a faulty fireplace might be the cause, but an official reason for the fire hasn't been determined. 

It took the Clark County Fire Department about two hours to put out the blaze. 

No injuries were reported.