Bars In Several Nevada Counties Give Last Call

Clark And 6 More Counties Made Governor's List For Move Backwards

Paul Ihander
July 13, 2020 - 5:25 am
Bar

Chris Slaythorn, Getty Images

LAS VEGAS, NV (KXNT) - Nevada rolled part of the state's economic reopening Friday night, starting with bars in seven counties with fast-rising coronavirus caseloads.

Governor Sisolak ordered the closure of bars, wineries and other drinking establishments (that do not serve food) in counties where coronavirus cases were spiking.  Those counties are: Clark, Elko, Humboldt, Lander, Lyon, Nye, and Washoe

The status of all seven counties will be checked again on July 24 against key metrics in order for the businesses to reopen.

The Governor also placed a maximum number on dining parties inside of restaurants statewide at six. Alcohol can still be served to patrons sitting at tables, but no one will be served at the bar.

The Governor says the state needs to be at 95 percent compliance on mask use in order to flatten the curve on coronavirus cases. 

He says we're at 80 percent according to the recent round of visits to businesses by state inspectors, and called it unacceptable the remaining 20 percent were not.  Sisolak added his office is also looking at how other states are dealing with restrictions on water parks, pools and gyms as it relates to mask wearing.