Early Morning House Fire Displaces Four People

Fire Happened Early Tuesday Morning Despite Stormy Weather

July 10, 2018 - 12:13 pm
Categories: 

LAS VEGAS (KXNT) - Despite strong storms that rolled through portions of the Las Vegas Valley Monday night, and into early Tuesday morning, there was still a house fire in the area.

Las Vegas firefighters responded to a bedroom fire in a house on Slayton Drive at 3:23 a.m. Tuesday, July 10. On arrival, light smoke was showing from a one-story, wood-frame house. 

Firefighters found a fire in a rear bedroom and had the fire out in less than five minutes.

Fire investigators believe the fire started in a wall around an electrical outlet. They believe the fire was smoldering for an extended amount of time inside the wall before it broke through the wall and into the bedroom. 

Damage was confined to the bedroom, and was estimated at $30,000.

The American Red Cross was assisting one adult and three children who are displaced because of the fire.

Electrical fires are the second leading cause of fires in Las Vegas and cause more damage than all other types of fires combined.