Photo Courtesy: Dreamstock

Downtown Apartment Fire Sends One Person To The Hospital

Fire Was Confined To Cooking Area Of Studio Apartment

October 09, 2018 - 1:36 pm
Categories: 

LAS VEGAS (KXNT) - Las Vegas firefighters responded to the Siegel Suites, 600 E. Bonanza Rd at 4:18 p.m Monday, Oct. 8.  A Las Vegas Fire & Rescue unit was driving past the three-story apartment building and noticed smoke coming from an apartment on the third floor.  They also noticed a woman going into the apartment while smoke was coming out.

A full first alarm response was sent, firefighters found a fire on the stove.  The fire was out on arrival, only light smoke remained.

The woman seen running into the apartment was using a fire extinguisher to put out the fire.  She was later taken to the hospital to be checked out for minor smoke inhalation.

Fire investigators believe the fire started as the result of unattended cooking.  Damage was estimated at $5000, mostly around the stove.  An adult and small child were displaced by the fire.

No other apartments were damaged by the fire and there were no other reported injuries.